As a web based software company we know a lot about security. We have built banking portals and sensitive secure systems.
Your data is safe with us! Our sales and marketing efforts are about building relationships with our customers.
The only data we store about you is the data you explicitly give us if you fill out our contact form or sign up to our mailing list.
We store numbers on how effective one contact button is from the next as a conversion percentage representing number of people visiting the site against the number of people who completed the form.
We also pay google for adds - ran by our own internal digital team and we get numbers on how many clicks these adds have had.
None of our web performance metrics can be used to identify you individually.
Your privacy is important to you and to us. So we’ll protect the information you
share with us.
We can promise that we will never sell or give away your name, mail
address, phone number, email address or any other information to anyone.
Newicon ltd. (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This
policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you
provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand
our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the
purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Newicon Ltd, The
Waterfront, Welsh Back, Bristol, BS1 4SB. Our nominated representative for the purpose of
the Act is Steven O’Brien.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in any web forms or by using the mail:to
email link on our site newicon.net (“Our Site”). This includes information provided at
the time of requesting goods, services or information from us.
- Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email)
- Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and
keep a record of the phone call and information you share with us.
- Information that you provide to us by completing surveys. We may ask you to complete
surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us, including but not limited to Our Site,
and of the fulfilment of projects we are commissioned to assist you with.
- Details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, regional
location data (not your personal address), web-logs and other communication data,
whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources
that you access.
- Information obtained by us from third parties in accordance with the Act.
We may also use your personal information and/or usage information to:
- Consider your application if you have applied for a career opportunity with us
- Enable and allow you to participate at events or to contribute to publications (or to
assess your suitability to participate or contribute), including without limitation to
respond to your queries or comments
- Operate our business (including developing new products and services, conducting
research, managing our communications, producing training materials and programmes,
determining the effectiveness of and optimising our advertising, analysing our products
and services, and performing accounting, auditing, billing and reconciliation
- Prepare and provide aggregated data reports showing anonymised information (including,
without limitation, compilations, analyses, analytical and predictive models and rules,
and other aggregated reports) for our business purposes
- Ask for feedback on our services and products
- Comply with industry standards and our policies.
track website movement and remember where you are in the process. You can disable any
cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning
We collect and process the following data about you:
- To help us better understand how visitors engage with our website (this is done through
- We may collect information about your computer, including your operating system and
browser type. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns,
and does not identify any individual.
- To store your Cookies preference e.g. when you visit the site for the first time, if you
click the ‘accept cookies button’ and/or close the Cookies notification banner you are
this choice on secondary pages by using a cookie.
- Our cookies aren’t used to personally identify you as an individual or your device
LinkedIn and Facebook display advertising. By doing so, we or our chosen advertising
partners do not identify any individual.
Where We Store And Process Your Personal Data
We may share your personal information and usage information:
- with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including,
without limitation, those that offer, host or operate our systems. However these details
will not be resold or used for marketing purposes. Only essential information in order
to perform necessary operations.
- to comply with UK law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such
as requirements of emergency services and/or law enforcement agencies
- to enforce our agreement with you
- to analyse and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when
emails sent to you have been received and read, and your location)
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activities,
as evidence in litigation in which we are involved, or to protect our rights, property
or the rights or property of our users, third parties and/or the public
- in the event of any sale, assignment, transfer or acquisition of all or substantially
all of Newicon’s assets or shares by a third party
- with other third parties, with your consent
- as aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for marketing, advertising,
research and other purposes
- to conduct web analytics to track the use of our website; this information is shared
with Google Analytics and stored on servers in the USA (for more information on Google
Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl+en=GB).
If data are disclosed to contractors during commissioned data processing they shall be
subject to this policy, and, if applicable, to other additional or relevant alternative data
privacy provisions and contractual conditions.
If now or in the future we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables
you to access certain parts of Our Site or Third Party Web Services that we provide or
utilise, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share
a password with anyone.
We use encryption to help protect the transmission of personal information from you to us.
However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not
completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot
guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own
risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features
to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you
and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, where
you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and
- To notify you about changes to our goods and services.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about our goods and services
which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these via email or
telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means
(email) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the
subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer we will only contact you by
electronic means (email) to provide you with information about goods and services which
may be of interest to you if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data as stated above for marketing purposes, please let us
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose
your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Newicon Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in
which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with
any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our
customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and
organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Options and Rights
If you have provided us with personal data, we will keep your information in accordance with
our retention policy. You may withdraw your consent to our processing by emailing us and we
will apply your preferences in our future communications. If statutory retention periods
require further provision, we will lock those records.
You may also email us to access information we hold about you, or to request rectification of
any personal data we hold about you.
You have the right to ask us not to utilise your personal data for marketing purposes. We
will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such
purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any
time below. In addition, if we have not interacted with your organisation for some time, we
will remove your details from our systems and only store information that helps us conduct
business, or to help our customers obtain a better service from us.
If you have any queries about your data, please contact us by email using [email protected] or by writing to us at
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers,
partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to
any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy
policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the
content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the
websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access certain information held by us about you. Your right of
access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and we will process your request in a
timely manner; deleting and/or amending your data as requested.
DigitalOcean is committed to protecting your information. To do so, we employ a variety of
security technologies and measures designed to protect information from unauthorized access,
use, or disclosure. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security
appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please bear in
mind that the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate
business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to
comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we
will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your
personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your
personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of
your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing [email protected].
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your
personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of
your personal information, or request portability of your
personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing [email protected].
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we
send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or
“opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of
marketing, please contact us by emailing [email protected].
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent,
then you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted
prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information
conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about
our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please
contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data
protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
where appropriate, may be notified to you by e-mail.
at any time by emailing [email protected] – we aim to respond within 7 business days. If
we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Information
Commissioner’s Office by going to https://ico.org.uk/concerns/